Zachary R. CormierBack
Mr. Cormier offers a full range of legal services in partnering with companies of all sizes to accomplish their varied goals and to otherwise resolve the complex legal and business problems that arise in today's evolving commercial environment.
Mr. Cormier is a complete resource to employers for all of their employment and labor related needs. Should litigation arise in the employment context, Mr. Cormier provides effective and cost-efficient representation in working with his clients to achieve their goals in each particular matter. Mr. Cormier is however equally committed to working with employers in building corporate policy, process, and culture to create the highest quality working environment in order to help avoid unnecessary legal issues and to otherwise enable the company’s workforce to reach its greatest levels of success.
Mr. Cormier has further experience in a wide variety of commercial and corporate litigation matters, which enables him to provide comprehensive advice to his clients. Mr. Cormier also has extensive experience in representing governmental entities within civil rights matters and other constitutional litigation. Mr. Cormier previously taught Constitutional Law and Civil Procedure as a law professor and remains active in pursuing scholarship within both the constitutional law and employment law fields.
Primary Areas of Practice
Education and Bar Admissions
- Pepperdine University School of Law – Juris Doctorate (2009)
- Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship, and the Law
- Moot Court Board
- University of New Mexico – Bachelor of Business Administration in Financial Management (cum laude) (2006)
- 2004-2005 Ford Motors Academic Scholarship Recipient
- Kappa Upsilon Chi – Vice President (2005-2006)
- New Mexico (2009)
- United States District Court - New Mexico (2009)
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (2010)
- Administrative Leave As An Adverse Action For Title VII Retaliation: New Principles For Liability Call For New Updates To Policy, 37 N. Ill. U. L. Rev. __ (forthcoming Spring 2017)
- Forcing Personal Injury Suits Into The "Regulation" Of Class III Gaming - The Judicial Divide Regarding Waiver Of Tribal Immunity And Jurisdiction For Personal Injury Suits Under The Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, 40 Okla. City. L. Rev. 329 (2015).
- Delaware Corporate Law Recognizes the Fundamental Validity of the Forum Selection Bylaw: A Survey of the Boilermakers Litigation, 8 Pepp. J. Bus. Entr. & L. 115 (2015).
- Not One, But Two Determinations Which Define the Right of Choice, 19 Trinity L. Rev. 135 (2014).
- When a Communication is Not a “Communication”: The Ever Growing Jurisdictional Split Regarding the Scope of Permissible Third Party Contacts under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 14 Mich. St. J. Bus. & Sec. Law 97 (2013).
- The Danger of Maybe, 9 The Christian Lawyer 2, 25 (Fall 2013).
- Christian Legal Society v. Martinez: The Death Knell for Associational Freedom on the College Campus, 17 Tex. Wesleyan L. Rev. 287 (2011).
- Was the Congressional Grant of ‘Bailout’ Authority to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson Really So “Unprecedented?”: A Historical Analysis and Comparison of Treasury Secretary Authority During Financial Crisis, 3 Pepp. J. Bus. Entr. & Law 389, Electronic Articles (2010).
Representative Reported Cases
- Lucero v. Bureau of Collection Recovery, Inc., 2012 U.S. Dist. Lexis 26561 (D.N.M. 2012).
- Lucero v. Bureau of Collection Recovery, Inc., 2012 U.S. Dist. Lexis 126309 (D.N.M. 2012).
- Sedillos v. United Collection Bureau, Inc., 2013 U.S. Dist. Lexis 89533 (D.N.M. 2013).
- Southwest Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2015 & 2016)
- Anders, Andrew
- Archuleta, S. Charles
- Barlow, Richard K.
- Beach, Arthur O.
- Bird, Thomas C.
- Breen, Justin B.
- Cole, Richard B.
- Cormier, Zachary R.
- Dahl, Jeffrey A.
- Haverly, Brian J.
- Johnson, Andrew L.
- Keleher, Thomas F.
- Keleher, William B.
- Knoner, Deron B.
- Marquez, Chris R.
- O'Rourke, Brian J.
- Olivas, Sean
- Perovich, Robert J.
- Peterson, David W.
- Rasmussen, James L.
- Reid, Spencer
- Stevens, Anastasia S.
- Stimson, Nathan S.
- Van Luchene, Gary J.
- Wihl, Kurt
- Worthen, Chad F.
- Worthen, Clyde F.